Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Seven year anniversary

Today is the 7 year anniversary of the day my husband said “Dena, I love you and I want to take you to prom.” Thinking about that day makes me smile. We had been friends for about six months before his little revelation. We spoke on the phone almost every night and we were pretty much constantly chatting online. We hesitated at first because we were both still hung up on other people. But I was so glad when he finally said what I had been thinking for the last 5 months!

We met in a pretty unconventional way and that prom was our first real date. He was so skinny back then I could wrap my hand all the way around his arm. It’s amazing what 4 years of living with me can do to a man! I fell in love with him for so many reasons. He has always been such a good listener and I have always loved the way that we can sit in silence together. I have never been very outgoing or talkative and the fact that we can just be quiet together and not feel awkward is something I will always cherish.

I think it’s interesting how the reasons I love him have changed over the years. If you were to ask me now why I love my husband, my answers would be so much different than they would have been 7 years ago (or even just 2 years ago). I love my husband because he’s smart, he’s funny, he’s an awesome guitar player. He’s a wonderful teacher. He’s beautiful, and he will make beautiful babies one day. But mostly I love him because he’s a hard worker. He takes care of me and I know that he will take good care of our family when we decide to have one. He loves our nieces and nephews as much as I do. We are inseparable. After seven years we are still obsessed with each other. I love him so much and I can’t wait to find more things about him that I just can’t live without.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful post, Dena.
    It's a good thing to be friends before you get married. I agree that Ryan is very special and I know you both love each other. It's a very good thing when you find someone you want to spend your life with...
    hugs to both of you,
    gramma

    ReplyDelete

Followers